Topic: Installation on SCO 6.0.0

I downloaded version 1.15, and with some changes to config.h, and the Makefile, I was able to compile and install, using the native SCO C compiler and libraries.
Is there someone who would help with the final touches to make an installable binary?

Re: Installation on SCO 6.0.0

Hi,

What did you mean by "installable binary" ? SCO Package ?

teka wrote:

Hi,

What did you mean by "installable binary" ? SCO Package ?

Since most SCO installations do not have the development system, there is no C compiler or 'make'.  I did some more work after my first post.

I tested just running ./install.sh, as opposed to 'make install'  on a second system, by copying the entire directory after running make, and was able to get the package installed.  I had to add a line to set $USER=$LOGNAME, and change the install directory for the man pages to '/usr/man' instead of '/usr/share/man'. 

The same technique failed on a 5.0.7 system, with libcrypto.so.0.9.8 missing. I tried copying the 6.0 library, and then the install completed, but when I set up a user, and tried connecting with WINSCP, the user  was placed in the root directory.  I tried running 'make clean' and 'make', using the 5.0.7 C compiler, but there was an error on an 'int64' line in one of the header files, I tried commenting it out, but that made many errors.

If you have some problem with libcrypto (OpenSSL), just try to desinstall libcrypto.a smile