Topic: monthly traffic limit!! help! help!

Hello to everybody!

i'm testing mysecureshell to implement it within my vps to offer file transfer solutions for my clients.
It is very good!,but i have difficult to find a solutions to manage an amount of traffic usage monthly.

i have setup 4 master clients, everyone with 30 sub clients managed with group and permission on sub users folders like this:

/home/chroot/MASTER-CLIENT
and users:
/home/chroot/MASTER-CLIENT/subuser1
/home/chroot/MASTER-CLIENT/subuser2
/home/chroot/MASTER-CLIENT/subuser3
etc........

with this way it works fine and all subclients can see only the own directory and MASTER-CLIENT can see all files and folders of all clients.

Now, i have some problems to manage a monthly bandwidth limits for fixed amount of traffic.
i have a vps with 1000 GB of data monthly and need to limit traffic usage from users.

Mysecureshell have only a bandwidth velocity for upload and download for global configuration and for each user/connection but there is not a way to setup a limit amount of data that users can transfer within a fixed time of days or months.

I have look for firewall ip based management, but with this solutions, i can manage only connection with fixed ip, but not users that have a dynamic ip's..

At the moment i manage the total amount of transfer with a limit setup of bandwidth on a 30 days to limit the total bandwdth
and avoid to go out the 1000GB at months.but this is a very bad management of data.

There is a way to manage the monthly traffic limit for a group of users with the sftp_config file?!

This is very most important for intensive use!!!

Waiting.
Regards,
Josef.

neutral

Re: monthly traffic limit!! help! help!

Hi,

At this time MySecureShell doesn't provide quota limit... hmm
But you can play with iptables (mod quota), see : http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions … ly-592827/

HI!

yes i know this way to manage limits with iptables.
but it is only for managements of fixed ip address,

i'm finding a way to manage all with "group users" based system because the ip's can change continuously.

the vps is not localy, but is a remote vps hosted within a datacenter company that have a limits amount of traffic, and all connections are made from adsl line with dynamics ip's.

Thanks for response.
Regards.
Josef.

4 (edited by josef777 2009-01-10 15:52:24)

I'm thinking to make a script that can read the amount of data writed to file system, reading it from logs of mysecureshell.
, but i have see that mysecure shell logs don't write the amount of writed files on the file system, but only the names of files, date and account logs of connections.

there is a easy way to add the dimensions MB of files written within the sftp_log?

Thanks you very much.

josef777 wrote:

HI!

yes i know this way to manage limits with iptables.
but it is only for managements of fixed ip address,

i'm finding a way to manage all with "group users" based system because the ip's can change continuously.

the vps is not localy, but is a remote vps hosted within a datacenter company that have a limits amount of traffic, and all connections are made from adsl line with dynamics ip's.

Thanks for response.
Regards.
Josef.

No you can't change logging in MySecureShell.

But if you know C its easy to add file size after each transfer wink