Topic: Increase logging details?

Hi there,

I'm having troubles connecting to MySecureShell, Debian version, by a proprietary SFTP client. To debug this, I would like to rise the log level of MySecureShell, but I can't find any documented option to do that.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Fabio aka Donblad

ps: I'm trying to doing this as by auth.log analysis it seems to me that logon and encryption phases are running successfully, so I guess the issue is into the

Re: Increase logging details?

Hi,

There is no way to change log level of MySecureShell...
If you want to test your installation, you can execute:

sftp-verif

teka wrote:

Hi,

There is no way to change log level of MySecureShell...
If you want to test your installation, you can execute:

sftp-verif

Hi teka, thanks for fast reply!
"Unluckily" MSS installation is fine, as it works with other clients. Also the sftp-verif returns me that configuration is ok... the only issues is with that evil proprietary (C*s*o) sftp client.

The bad is that editing the user's shell from MSS to usual bash makes it work, I guess there is some kind of check into the client about chrooting and/or shell commands and/or else.

Bye,

Fabio aka Donblad

Hi,

Some SFTP client use SCP (for Winscp it's an option)... maybe it's your problem?

teka wrote:

Hi,

Some SFTP client use SCP (for Winscp it's an option)... maybe it's your problem?

Hi teka,
I have no chance to check client configuration as it is completely closed-access, there is a way to understand if it is running SCP by looking at traces or server-side logs?

Bye,

Fabio

Donblad wrote:
teka wrote:

Hi,

Hi teka,
I have no chance to check client configuration as it is completely closed-access, there is a way to understand if it is running SCP by looking at traces or server-side logs?

Bye,

Fabio

Hi,

To have nice debug in OpenSSH, you have to stop the service and execute SSH server by hand:

/usr/sbin/sshd -Dd

Each option "d" add more logging smile