Topic: FTP being blocked by mysecureshell

I started using mysecureshell about 6 months ago. When I first started using it I setup FTP and MySecureshell for the way it chroots the user in sftp. FTP stopped working when I upgraded to the new version a few days ago.

Is there a way to make ftp not pass through mysecure shell so it does not get blocked by mysecureshell. I am using proftpd and stopped working when the update was installed. If I switch the shell to /bin/bash proftpd works. If I dont it fails with wrong password...

Thank you

Re: FTP being blocked by mysecureshell

So I downgraded to mysecureshell-1.31-1.x86_64.rpm and it fixed the problem so this is either a bug or a feature. If it is a feature please tell me how to disable it. I had to upgrade because of some other bug that caused the load to keep going up daily...

This version mysecureshell-1.32-1.x86_64 seems to cause ftp to go through mysecure shell. Which I need both ftp and sftp.

There is no link between MySecureShell and FTP (Proftpd)...

Maybe it's related to file /etc/shells ?

Do you mean mysecureshell needs to be in etc shells? I looked in there and it does only list the 4 shells not including mysecureshell when i upgraded since I downgraded it is listed there...

before downgrade
/bin/sh
/bin/bash
/sbin/nologin
/usr/bin/rssh

after downgrade
/bin/sh
/bin/bash
/sbin/nologin
/usr/bin/rssh
/bin/MySecureShell

MySecureShell is missing in the file... i think it's the problem.

Yes since PAM check if a shell is valid (listed in file /etc/shells), MySecureShell should be in this file smile

Are you using Debian / Centos / Fedora ? Because i think it's a bug in the package sad

CentOS 6.4 64 bit

I did look in /etc/shells and it was not there. I will upgrade it and then put /bin/MySecureShell in /etc/shells to see if that was the issue it sounds like the upgrade just does not put mysecureshell in /etc/shells...

Thanks for your help appreciated..

Yep that is it after upgrading mysecureshell on centos6.4 64bit to the newest version: mysecureshell-1.32-1.x86_64  it was missing  /bin/MySecureShell from /etc/shells when I added it back the FTP Server works with out issue.

Thanks guys...

Thank you for testing smile

Next time Centos package should be okay big_smile

I can't use FTP and SFTP simultaneity, SFTP ok and FTP failure, maybe it's a bug.

version: 1.32

on another server, I try to install old version 1.31, it works ok, I can use FTP and SFTP simultaneity

teka wrote:

Thank you for testing smile

Next time Centos package should be okay big_smile

No problem.. Thanks for making the software and continuing to support it... smile

yinjiajun wrote:

I can't use FTP and SFTP simultaneity, SFTP ok and FTP failure, maybe it's a bug.

on another server, I try to install old version 1.31, it works ok, I can use FTP and SFTP simultaneity

I will test our setup to see if we have the issue..

bstetler wrote:
yinjiajun wrote:

I will test our setup to see if we have the issue..

FTP and SFTP work at the sametime using proftpd in centos 6.4. x86_64 not an issue here. You might want to look at your FTP Server logs and ssh logs to see what happens...